Terms and Conditions, Refunds
We at SWOOP would like to explain to you our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
We realize that this sport may not be for everybody. Although, we would love to have you over and give you as much opportunity as possible to enjoy the program.
However, if you do change your mind for any reason, please do refer to this policy.
Booking Cancellation and No-Shows
You may change or cancel your booking 1 week prior to your scheduled date. If you or anyone in your group cancels prior to this 1-week timeframe, you will be refunded your deposit. If you cancel within 1 week or do not show up at all, then we will not be able to refund your initial deposit. The only way to avoid this charge is to find someone to fill your spot who does not already have a booking. Each cancellation takes the place of a customer who was turned away. This timeframe will be strictly enforced in order to keep our costs down for our other customers.
Backing out the day of the jump
If on the day of your training, at any time during the program prior to putting on your equipment you decide that you are no longer interested in following through with the planned jump, you will be given, upon request, a partial refund of your payment. For Tandem Students, you will be refunded all but the initial. For PFF students, you will be refunded ONLY the cost of the jump. The remaining costs will cover the time already invested to pay for your classroom training, Instructors, Pilots, Operations Manager, Packers, and the lost revenue from someone else who would have jumped had your slot been available. If you do request a refund from us, we will remove your record of training, and should you decide to return at another time, you will be required to take the ground school training over again.
Unable to jump after PFF Ground School
If after your ground school training, you are unable to complete your jump for any reason, you can reschedule at no cost for another time. If you do not wish to reschedule, then you are considered to be backing out and you may request a refund based on the same rules above.
Gift certificates are 100% non-refundable under any circumstance. Gift certificates may be transferable to another person but must have the authorization of either the purchaser or the gift certificate recipient to transfer the certificate to another name, in order to avoid fraudulent claims.
What Does Your Money Pay For?
• Your instructor’s time, energy, and many, many years of training and experience in the sport.
• Canadian Sport Parachute Association (CSPA) Instructor and Jumpmaster training programs that provide you with the most qualified and competent Instructors in Canada.
• Our Manifest office staff to greet you, handle your paperwork, organize your training, and get you in the air without delay.
• The costs of maintaining our facilities, including expensive airport lease, buildings, hydro, telephone, office equipment, advertising, and maintenance.
• The high quality and costs of equipment that we provide, including parachutes, parachuting accessories, training aids, radios, altimeters, computer equipment, books etc.
• Our Aircraft and Pilots, regular maintenance, quality replacement parts, insurance, manuals, and fuel.
• Our Parachute Packers and Riggers who inspect, maintain, re-pack, and replace our equipment.
• A Temporary CSPA Student Membership and liability insurance.
Again, once you have confirmed your booking, you are ether committed to jumping or finding a replacement.
Your PFF ground school class is held rain or shine.